Is There Another Way to Hold Title Which Is Unique to Husband and Wife?

Another way to hold title which is unique to husband and wife is Tenancy by the Entireties. Tenancy by the entireties is similar to Joint Tenancy in that it has the same automatic survivorship feature, but in Tenancy by the entireties, both spouses must sign the deed before any transfer of title can take place. Tenancy by the entireties is allowed in the following states: Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Wyoming, and the District of Columbia.

Similar Posts