Closing costs are those fees that you will be required to pay at the settlement of your purchase or sale. The costs will include loan fees, title insurance and escrow fees, recording fees, notary fees, pre-paid items such as property taxes, and other costs associated with your transaction.
Throughout the closing process, you will have been given various documents, some being mandatory government disclosure documents. These disclosures are meant to keep you fully informed in regard to the costs you will or may incur in your closing. Among … Continue reading →
Closing Costs Articles
- Survey Finds More Than Half of Homebuyers Surprised by Closing Costs
- Know Before You Owe Disclosure Forms
- Can I Ever Get Someone Else to Pay My Closing Costs for Me?
- Closing Checklists
- State by State Closing Guide
- How Closings Are Handled State by State
- Should I Compare Escrow Fees On-Line?
- Escrow Impound Accounts: Do You Have a Choice?